What Is A Tourist Or Visitor Visa

Full Video Transcript

Visiting the United States temporarily? If you are planning to visit the United States temporarily, you may be required to obtain a tourist or visitor visa. The B-1 program is for business visitors, while the B-2 program is generally reserved for travel and tourism. Applicants must generally prove they can cover their expenses while on their trip to the U.S. and that they have sufficient ties abroad, including a residence outside the U.S. to ensure they'll return home at the end of their visit. Once a B-1 or B-2 visa is obtained, visitors may be authorized to stay in the U.S. for an initial six-month period with the possibility of six-month incremental extensions.

Additional Visiting the United States Videos

Search LawInfo's Visiting the United States Resources

Dallas Visiting the United States Attorneys