Full Video Transcript
If you would like to order transcripts of a court hearing, you typically must submit a written request for the transcripts to the clerk of the court where the hearing took place.
The request for transcripts must usually contain certain case information, such as:
• The full name of the case;
• The case number;
• The date(s) of the actual hearing(s) you want the transcripts for;
• The name of the judge who heard the case;
• The names of the attorneys present (if known); and
• The name of the court reporter who reported the proceedings (if known)
Some court transcripts may even be available online. A few federal courts are participating through the Public Access to Court Electronic Records system, or PACER. You can visit the website at pacer.uscourts.gov. Otherwise, call the court clerk for information about what forms are required to submit your request.